If I Casually Teach Music Lessons in My Home, Do I Need Business Insurance?

Teaching music lessons in your home can be fun and rewarding, but you may wonder, “Does teaching the lessons require more insurance?” In most situations, you will need some additional coverage. The amount will depend on your specific situation.

If you have a Homeowner policy from Western National, the policy provides liability coverage for a business if you are under the age of 21 or if your annual compensation from that business in the preceding policy year was below $2,500. It’s also important to note that there is a business personal property coverage limit on the policy. This means your personal property, such as a musical instrument, that is used primarily for business has a different coverage limit than other personal property covered by your Homeowner policy. Also, if you teach the lessons in a structure or building that is on your property that isn’t connected to your insured home, you will need to add property coverage for that building.

If you teach music lessons in your insured home, you should contact your Independent Insurance Agent to review your Homeowner policy and add the appropriate coverage for your situation.

western national and power of nice hybrid logo

At Western National Insurance, nice is what’s guided us for over 100 years.

And we’re just getting started.

professional insurance agent badge
trusted choice badge
top work place badge
wards 50 badge
A.M. Best 'A+' badge